Dee Jay Alicia, a Chicago native, developed a love for music at a young age. Her musical beginnings were rooted in soul, steppers and R&B. She began her DJ career in 1996 under the guidance of DJ Raphael. She was educated on DJ techniques, DJ culture and DJ etiquette and when ready became a member of the DJ group C-7 sounds. Her first residency was a weekly steppers set. She enjoyed a successful 16 year stretch as a steppers DJ which included appearances on the weekly show Stepping at Club 7.
In 2010, she decided to dive deeper into the area of House Music. She began attending parties and getting a feel for the very vibrant Chicago house community. She gained a residency at a small local bar and exclusively played house music.
Since then her journey in house has included the following:
• Become the First female DJ to play at the “Expo for Today’s Black Woman” 2011
• Received the break-Through House Music DJ Award • Been Voted DJ of the year 2011 by her peers and avid listeners of house music throughout Chicago
• Been a featured DJ in True Elegance Magazine
• Received the “House Konnection” Achievement Award 2012
• Featured in a 2013 article “Diva Speak / Divas of House” with the members of the Triad Mz. Nicky and Anji Stone
• Became a Producer for T’s Box and T’s Crates record label and currently has two releases under the T’s Box umbrella “I want I rough” (Mike Dunn’s Blackball Rmx) and GruvMe (Mike Dunn 5.0 remiXx) both featuring The Black Widow.
• Appeared as a guest DJ at Chicago’s largest House Music event the “Chosen Few Music Festival” in 2016 and 2017
Currently, under the mentorship of Mike Dunn and Terry Hunter, both 30 year veterans in the House Music industry, she is moving into the realm of balancing DJ’ing with an increase in Production projects.